Here’s a recap of the best cider news worth sharing:
1) Himachal prepares to launch a cider that is produced in Northern India and marketed to Indian restaurants in the UK. A novel approach? Bhai Cider—produced in collaboration with Aspall—has a nearly identical business model.
3) Lest you think that savvy US cider producers like Branch Out and Wildcraft are the only ones that “crowdsource” apples from the public, UK producers London Glider and Hawkes also make cider from donated fruit. Learn more about Hawkes and their “craft cider revolution“.
5) Meredith Collins (@Alongcameacider) reviews Finger Lakes ciders from Cider Creek, Good Life Cider, and Black Diamond, while Dan Daugherty (@Cidersage) shares his sampling experience at Lakewood Cider Days in Colorado.
8) The 2015 Australian Cider Awards winners are announced and the Australian Cider Festival takes place in Melbourne. Read more at Cider Australia.
9) Also on tap: Robin Hood Beer and Cider Festival in Nottingham, The Big Apple Harvestime in Herefordshire, Gijón de Sidra in Asturias, NW Ciderfest in Portland, Orondo Cider Fest and Vashon CiderFest in Washington, and the Hard Core Cider Tour in Santa Cruz.
That’s all. Have a great weekend!