Here’s a recap of the best cider news worth sharing:
1) Cider Week Virginia kicks off today with events across the state. Highlights include the Richmond Cider Celebration at the 17th Street Farmers’ Market (Saturday), the Hill & Holler Ploughman’s Feast at Blue Bee Cider (Sunday), the Virginia Cider Week Celebration at ANXO (Tuesday), the Cider Smackdown! at Albemarle CiderWorks (Saturday the 19th), and the Alexandria Cider Festival at The Lyceum (Saturday the 19th). See Cider Week Virginia on Facebook for updates.
2) Karyn Simon writes for Cider Culture on The Buzz About Blue Bee, an Urban Cider Experience. Blue Bee Cider recently expanded to a larger facility in the fast-growing Scott’s Addition neighborhood of Richmond, Virginia.
3) The Washington Post names Eden + ANXO Collaboration #4 its Beer/Cider of the Week. ANXO’s beverage director Tim Prendergast was recently named One of Washington, DC’s Best Bartenders of 2016 by Thrillist. (If you haven’t visited ANXO yet, you should reassess your priorities.)
4) Adam Campbell-Schmitt writes for FWx on 5 Things I Learned From Angry Orchard And Eden’s Cider Collaboration. The Collaboration In Motion cider will be available exclusively at Angry Orchard’s Innovation Cider House starting November 18th.
5) A tale of two cideries from The Register-Guard is an in-depth profile of Oregon cidermakers 2 Towns Ciderhouse and WildCraft Cider Works.
6) Sheridan Smith writes for Cidercraft on 3 New England-Style Ciders to Warm Your Winter.
7) Thanksgiving=Cider is gaining steam thanks to #PickCider. Recent articles on the topic include Why You Should Pour Champagne-Style Ciders This Holiday Season from Edible Manhattan and the 2016 Thanksgiving Cider Guide from Finger Lakes Cider House.
8) West Avenue Cider is named Grand Champion of the Ontario Cider Awards held at the Royal Winter Agricultural Fair in Toronto. And Peckham’s Cider is named Overall Champion of the New Zealand Cider Awards held at Founders Park in Nelson. (Not familiar with New Zealand cider? The Ciderologist’s Top 10 New Zealand Ciders has you covered.)
9) On tap this weekend: NC Apple Pressing and Cider Day at Red Clay Ciderworks in Charlotte. The Cider Riot! Grand Opening Party in Portland. The Core Pour in Santa Paula, California. The Fête du Cidre à l’ancienne in Normandy, France. The Hokkaido Cider Collection in Sapporo, Japan. And the New Zealand Cider Festival in Nelson.
10) Along Came a Cider reviews Tieton Cider Works Spice Route. Cider Says hosts a Cherry Cider Tasting and reviews Woodchuck Ginger Lovin’ and Woodchuck Semi-Dry. i think about cider reviews Cyril Zangs Easy Cider Cidre Brut. Cidersage recaps the Big B’s Hard Cider Festival held on October 29th. The Milled Apple reviews Bold Rock Premium Dry and Wölffer No. 139 Dry Rosé Cider. Cider Society reviews Slyboro Hidden Star, Aaron Burr Cider Shawangunk Ridge, and Citizen Cider Northeast Cascade. Simple Cider Reviews tries Schilling Mischief Maker, Etienne Dupont Cidre Bouche Brut de Normandie 2014, Finnriver Traditional Dry, and 2 Towns Ciderhouse Ginga Ninja. The Cider Drinker reviews Silly Cow Cider, Westons & Purity Brewing Pure Hopped Cider, and Hoxton Cidersmiths Sixpointsix. Cider Steve reviews Burrow Hill Ice Cider. And Real Cider Reviews tries Pure Blonde Crisp Apple Cider and Harcourt Dry Cider.
Have a great weekend!